Tuesday, February 8, 2011

So THIS is what it's like to have a blog....

I wanted to start a blog to post art projects and talk about vegan food and all my interests culminating around those two things... and then I gave my blog self the first name that popped in to my head, which didn't relate to anything that I wanted to talk about. So we're off to a good start. The good news is that I think I'm funny, and since I'm probably the only one who will read this, I'm going to go ahead and be proud of myself.

What I learned today:

1.) Don't drop statements like "Oh I love your necklace, a fish is my spirit animal!" into casual conversation with strangers. It may SEEM like a normal thing to say, but apparently it just isn't, and in fact can ruin EVERYTHING.

2.) If you're going to wax your eyebrows for the first time in your whole life, don't do it right before work. And if you DO, just own up to it and don't try to hide it with three layers of colorful eye shadow. It just makes things weird.

And finally...

3.) If someone interrupts you mid-hip-swivel in your Zumba class to ask you if you're Swedish because of the high-quality red hue your skin has taken on, don't be embarrassed, be flattered! Clearly you're reggae-marching and shaking it well enough that the only alarming factor about you is your tomato face. You rock!

That's it for now. Let's pretend I wrote about food and art and becoming vegan, cuz I think that's what I was supposed to be doing.

2 comments: